Thank you for your applications!
IndigeFEWSS has accepted its final cohort of Trainees for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Who can apply? Applications are closed.
The final Trainee cohort will participate during the 2021-2022 academic year.
New and Current UArizona MS and PhD students
- Areas of study by UA College:
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- College of Applied Science & Technology
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Optical Sciences
- College of Science
- College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
- U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents
- Students from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
- Current and new University of Arizona graduate students who are based in Tucson for their studies
What's included in the Traineeship?
- Trainees stay in the program until degree is received
- Stipend of $34,000
- Full tuition remission, payment of mandatory fees and student health insurance
- MS trainees receive 1 year of funding
- PhD trainees receive 2 years of funding ~ CAVEAT: PhD candidates in the Fall 2021 cohort may receive only 1 year of funding
- PhD trainees take the GIDP Minor "Indigenous Food, Energy, & Water Systems"
- Internship experience
- Professional Development training
- Cultural Humility training
- Cultural immersion and pilot project on Navajo Nation
Questions about the Traineeship?
Watch the Q&A session with lead PI Karletta Chief and current trainees to learn more about the program.
More information for Trainees and Future Trainees
Learn more about funding, arrival on campus, training, advising, course requirements and more.View the PDF
Trainee Duties & Responsibilities
Understand the NSF-NRT Indige-FEWSS Trainee duties and responsibilities, as well as the timeline for the program.View the PDF
Trainees keep track of deliverables and keep organized with this checklist.View the PDF
Indige-FEWSS Program Information
Learn more about the Indigenous Food, Energy & Water Security and Sovereignty program.Visit the website
GIDP PhD Minor Information
The GIDP PhD minor in Indigenous Food, Energy, and Water Systems is required for all Trainees, regardless of degree program.Learn more
UArizona Graduate Programs
Find out more about graduate degree programs and areas of research at the University of Arizona.Visit the website