Arizona Institutes for Resilience (AIR) seeks a motivated and responsible UArizona student for a part-time position to assist with visioning and development of new undergraduate scholars program to launch in August, 2021.
Application Deadline: June 5, 2021
Length of employment: 10-20 hours/week from June 15-August 2021, with the possibility of extension into the 2021-22 school year.
Estimated Salary: $18 / hour
Position Description: The graduate student will assist visioning and drafting of a new cross-disciplinary undergraduate environmental scholars program, helping us to prepare for launching the pilot in August. The program is the first of its kind and investigates resilience in response to pressing environmental and social issues, from climate change to systemic injustices. The program focuses on creating connection to place and one another while building communication skills and contributing to policy development. Integral to creating connection to place is highlighting the history of Indigenous peoples in this region and connecting to Indigenous communities, tribes, and nations in this region today. This position will support the creation of the program through brainstorming, planning, gathering input from campus partners, and building connections with community partners. We are especially looking for someone with the following knowledge/background and skillsets.
Preferred knowledge and skillsets:
- Work in and/or connection to justice-related issues (social justice, systemic inequality, environmental and climate justice, etc.)
- Connections with community – within and outside of Tucson, including Indigenous tribes and nations
- Strong communication skills, particularly in intentional listening, storytelling, and communicating with various audiences
- Excellent planning and project execution abilities
- High interpersonal awareness and background in building long-lasting partnerships
- Experience working with undergraduate students via creative educational programming
- Familiarity with Word and/or Google Suites
- Letter of interest, including why you are interested and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position
- Resume or CV
- Contact information for two references
To apply: Send application materials to Ariane Mohr-Felsen at email@example.com with “Program Assistant" in the title